- Holistic Health: What is it?
- Cook on Sunday, Eat All Week-Healthy is Cheaper – This would be a potluck.
- Farm Lecture from a local farmer/rancher
- Local Grains we can grow in Alaska
- Alaska Food Policy Council-what is it and what roll wil it serve and what roll can WE serve.
- What is Organic?
Health and Wellness Committee Report
June 27, 2010 by marychristensen
Minutes from Health and Wellness Education Committee
June 14th, 2010
The Health & Wellness committee met and decided on sponsoring a lecture series.
The topics we came up with were:
The other idea was to sponsor a book discussion group through the Library.
At our next meeting we will be parsing out tasks to make this lecture series happen. We will need people to take on both large and small tasks.
We also need recommendations for the first 6 months of books for our discussion group. The theme of course being Health and Wellness with somewhat of a focus on food. You can send your book ideas to the Co-op Market web site or make a comment on the facebook page.
Our next meeting will be July 12th at 6 PM. Our “normal” meeting place will be at the downtown volunteer center unless otherwise noted.